Because we've got several new players, the usual weekend football practice is upon us this afternoon, so it's time to steel myself for having multiple footballs whacked at me for two hours. New gloves were needed anyway, so I went out to the local football shop yesterday afternoon to find a reasonably priced pair for the outdoor season. A rude shock was in store. Pretty much every pair was $100+. (Cue HOW MUCH? joke) Are they made of gold nowadays or something? I found a pair that were a bit on the big side, but tolerably priced (tolerable in the sense that I made it disappear onto the credit card) . This pair has finger spines in, which is a first for me; it means bending the fingers backwards is very difficult, but maybe they'll reduce the number of finger injuries I seem to get these days...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment