After a frankly terrible effort yesterday, something of a return to form today. I suppose, in hindsight, that going out running in 25 degrees and a strong wind wasn't a good idea. Add that to the fact that I'd spent the afternoon wearing dress shoes after having been at a job interview; the robot leg really doesn't, for whatever reason, like wearing dress shoes. At all. Maybe it's due to lack of cushioning or something.
I put the feeble performance down to dead legs from the long walk I had on Tuesday, and pondered whether to have today off and shift each remaining day in last two weeks of the plan back a day. And then this morning, I decided "no pain, no gain" or somesuch and decided to go out anyway. The graph on the right shows that I did 200m further than yesterday, in cooler temperatures and lower winds. Maybe yesterday's poor showing was the weather. Today was 19 minutes running, a minute walking, 10 minutes running. And for the first time I went coasting through the two mile running uninterrupted barrier without any difficulty. Consistent pace most of the way through, slightly faster when pushing at the end, no real grumbling from the legs. The final two weeks involve back-to-back-to-back efforts Monday to Wednesday, as well as Friday and Saturday. Two weeks from now I should have run 30 minutes without stopping.
No comments:
Post a Comment