Sunday, July 7, 2013

You're Going To Need A Bigger Boat

So, famously, said Roy Scheider when he first caught sight of the titular shark in Jaws. No shark hunting this far from the sea, but a need for a bigger running course. Today, for the first time in two weeks, the weather outside would be described as comfortable for running. Fourteen lovely degrees. Not having to flog round in something feeling above 30 degrees. Splendid.

 I went off at what I thought was a crazy pace and kept it up for pretty much the whole way round. And when I was running past the geological survey and the female voice on my run tracker on my phone told me "twenty five minutes", I knew there'd be some running round the Beige Towers car park. As it turned out, I knocked 27 seconds off my previous fastest pace for the 30 minutes (the day I was chased up the street by a thunderstorm two weeks ago), by adding 320m to my personal best. My 40th run since I started this business at the end of  April, and seemingly a bit of a leap forward. Hopefully, the legs are not in too ruinous shape for football tomorrow.

No comments: