This time last week, the furthest I'd ever run in my half hour was 3.4 miles. As of yesterday, I've extended that through the week by almost 450m. Consequently, my average pace has dropped 40 seconds per mile, from 8:50/mile to 8:10/mile. It's nice that suddenly tolerable weather conditions make for improved performance (or, I suppose, having to suffer through unpleasantly hot weather has made me better at regulating body temperature). Even extending the route wasn't enough to prevent me from running round the Beige Towers car park at the end.
Tuesday sees the beginning of the 10K race training. Tuesdays will see interval running (essentially instead of walk/run it's going to be run/hard run), Thursdays a hill run circuit by Nose Hill, and then on one day at the weekend a steady run over increasing duration (by five minutes per week). Come the end of August, it should mean 60 minutes' continuous running, which seemed a long way away back at the end of April.
No comments:
Post a Comment