Blimey. It's almost a month since the last post. With now being up at 6am to get to work on public transport, and not getting home till at least 6pm, and with busy weekends spent with L there has been no time to litter this little corner of the intertubes.
Starting a new job in a new industry with new colleagues has been as you'd expect; lots of "new kid in school moments", but everyone is very friendly and helpful, even if I can't remember the name of every last person in the technical centre. There have been lots of days either spent at training courses, or doing online training or in person training. There's also been a lot of reading: company policies, related literature, and standard operating procedures. It will be nice to finally get in a lab and do science-y things again. Just don't expect updates on them here, because I'm not allowed to tell you. I'd have to kill you.
Yesterday evening, L and I went to the Auto and Truck show on the Stampede grounds to sit in lots of cars to get an idea of which ones I liked, which ones I didn't. The main reason for this is the novelty of spending almost two and a half hours commuting each day on public transport is pretty rapidly wearing off; I think I could probably get another half an hour in bed with a car. Add to that the imminent outdoor football season (with the varied field locations all over the city), and it's pretty much time to sort something out. Lots of issues to consider; new or used, lease or buy, winter driving performance, safety rating, and the cost of insurance (which is going to be painful for the first two or three years). Other than I want a hatchback, I am very open to ideas.
No comments:
Post a Comment