Sunday, March 30, 2014

The Running Man - Season 2 (continued)

 I'm now a week into the half marathon training program. It's been relatively slow progress, but I can feel my legs coming back a bit at time. At the moment, I'm only running three miles in any one go, but I'm getting a bit faster and running a bit further each time. I'm now reasonably confident that I can at stick to a training pattern and that running after I get in from work won't completely tire me out for the next day. I will enter the half marathon tomorrow before the price goes up on April 1st.

With the weather being so grim at the moment, most of the action is having to go on indoors, in the Beige Towers exercise room you can see on the right. I didn't know this room existed for approaching five years, but have finally got an access card, because I don't fancy trying to run on the snow and ice in the neighbourhood. The only downsides to the room are threefold: it's way too hot in there, running on a treadmill is extremely boring, and lastly, some of my fellow residents are really quite odd when it comes to their exercise habits. In the last week I've seen people on the treadmill barefoot (ugh), in flip flops, and wearing crocs. I must seem deadly serious, wearing a pair of running shoes....

No comments: