Well, it's been three days beyond the limit of two weeks the immigration doctor said it would take to collate my medical test results. On that basis, I've got to presume everything was OK. Today, I've been to the bank to get the Right of Permanent Residence Fee, and have stuck it in an envelope with copies of my medical receipts and a (probably unnecessary) copy of my 2010 tax return final notice. It's now winging its way to Los Angeles as fast as the esteemed Canada Post can get it there......
By the time it gets there and is looked at, it might be 3-4 weeks from the date of my medicals and they might be in the system by then. They say "don't contact us", but I'd like to give them a friendly poke to get their attention and see if they'll look online to see if my medical results have been received/approved; I don't want there to be another three month delay before I hear from them again. All being well, I might get my passport request in a month to six weeks. Maybe it might come faster, but if I've learned anything throughout this whole thing, is that pigs might fly.
By the time it gets there and is looked at, it might be 3-4 weeks from the date of my medicals and they might be in the system by then. They say "don't contact us", but I'd like to give them a friendly poke to get their attention and see if they'll look online to see if my medical results have been received/approved; I don't want there to be another three month delay before I hear from them again. All being well, I might get my passport request in a month to six weeks. Maybe it might come faster, but if I've learned anything throughout this whole thing, is that pigs might fly.
No comments:
Post a Comment