Friday, August 19, 2011

They're Alive!

As I mentioned two posts down, I'd been getting very annoyed with the lack of general progress from the Canadian Consulate in Los Angeles. That said, I'm sure I wasn't the only one. And it's nice to see that they have finally got cracking with lots of people's cases who had heard nothing for months. All of the highlighted cases (in grey or dark green) have had contact in the last couple of weeks, whether medical requests or passport requests.
All will have different tales to tell, and have different personal circumstances, but each applicant and their families will have had the same distraction/paranoia for the last 18 months or so, and so it's nicer for all of them to be closer to the end than the beginning. The most recently updated case is at the very top, one of the early November applicants. Cases from November onwards were processed differently, with medical requests coming long before their letters of acknowledgement, and it seems to result in much faster processing. There were, according to the tracker (only the cases sent to LA are shown here) an outlandish number of cases submitted in March/April 2010, causing a huge backlog. It's Sod's Law writ large that I should end up getting stuck behind the backlog, and then them changing the rules for cases submitted a month after I applied to speed things up!

No comments: