Today is fifteen weeks exactly since my season-ending football injury. After two days of weather more akin to November than August, it was nice to get outside and get back into the rehab regime of walking again.
Today is the first time that I've done the four mile walk you see on the left in under an hour. I've used it as a benchmark once a week to see how I'm doing in the recovery (mile 1-to-2 is very much uphill). I think that all things considered, I'll consider that I'm pretty much back to normal, speed wise. It also felt pretty good, unlike previous times where it was a bit of a struggle in the final few minutes. All that remains is to visit the hospital next Tuesday to see the operating doctor one last time. I shall have to ask him when I can get back on the field again...

No comments:
Post a Comment