Monday, May 6, 2013

Two hundred (ish) percent

Day 5. I was interested to see how I'd do today on operation run/walk today, since the first back-to-back days Friday/Saturday resulted in a much less comfortable run from the point of view of ankle soreness. Cold water baths in buckets are magic.

Today the interval was changed from run 1 minute/walk 2 minutes to run 2 minutes/walk 1 minute, essentially doubling the distance run. I learnt my lesson from Friday and didn't go out too fast, especially important when it was 25C outside, even at 11:50 am. I think I managed fine for the first 15 minutes, but it soon became a bit of a struggle, to the point of having to walk longer than a minute. The good thing was that I covered the same distance as I did on Friday in roughly 40 seconds less, and that my heart rate was back to normal (according to the thing on my phone) within half an hour. That's progress, even if it didn't feel like it. The speed graph on the right shows that I, er, tailed off somewhat at the end. It's slightly comical to see where the speed drops in the running sections where I have to stop to cross roads The most pleasing thing is that the robotic ankle is feeling better with each effort, which is one of the major points of subjecting myself to this.

Wednesday: 3 mins run, minute walk x 7, 2 minutes run.

No comments: