Still no news on the immigration front. It's now got to the point where a trip home for Christmas is beginning to look unlikely since the time required to get my passport to LA and back will probably be a couple of weeks. That's if I got a request pretty quick.As has been mentioned before, quick is seemingly not a word in the lexicon of an immigration official. Unless you happened to apply after November 2010.
I just find it beyond unfair that this week, there have been applicants who applied eight, nine, and more than ten months after I did had their passport requests, while I sit here, savings whittling away, career in the bin. The sum of money that I saved to live off while in this situation will probably run out at the end of January and I'm not willing to spend any more of my savings after that; that sum was once upon a time earmarked for a deposit on a house/flat, a car and so on. You know, the sort of things you can do when you have a life.
1 comment:
This is surely a saga suitable for a movie blockbuster.
Man trapped in Canada, waiting for clearance to come through while his supplies and money slowly dwindle. Will he come through, will the postal service fail, will he die of lack of food and water....? I can see George Clooney in the star role...! Title? Will Gott Get Through?
Post a Comment