Friday, March 18, 2011

Welcome In

In the act of being busy with work over the course of the last couple of weeks, and the PR-related news below, there's been no opportunity to reflect on the passing of another year over here. This year, with March 5th falling on a Saturday, there was a fun evening in town. It could almost have been the other side of the Atlantic; drinks, curry, bowling. Only the unannounced snow would remind you it wasn't. I did myself a comical injury at the latter, and the scar still hasn't gone nearly two weeks later. It got me no sympathy. So here's a little musical something, off pretty much one of the last albums I bought in the UK, along with others to pass the flight. It was also performed on the TV a couple of weeks in advance of leaving. I think that while the situation was slightly different, the lyrics were generally appropriate to moving half way round the world. Well, except the 'we are barbarians' bit. That's about the last thing you could describe Canadians as. And 'only here for a while' will hopefully be a bit longer than that...

No comments: