Tuesday, March 15, 2011

It Begins

Been quiet on here the last couple of weeks, since I've been busy finishing off the longest manuscript I've ever written. It had sort of distracted my attention from permanent residence, but Monday saw the 150th day since I sent the application without any contact from them;  a bit annoying to consider that when I began this escapade, whole applications were being processed in that sort of timescale. 

I was looking at that tracking website again this early afternoon and saw that a new person had added his details and had found his application in process via their online tool that lets you see what stage your application is at. This only works once it has gone into the system proper. It's only updated once a week, on a Tuesday. So once again I tried using my client ID number from my work permit. As I entered my country of birth as the UK, no dice. When I changed it to 'England', lo and behold it changed to show me my name, and 'processing began March 11th'. Good. News.

I can no longer be completely paranoid that the application had got lost in the building in Buffalo, or worse still, that they had found some sort of mistake, and had sent it back months ago for Canada Post to have lost it. No such worries now. A rough prediction for when this will be done by might be late September or early October. We'll see whether they become infamous last words...

No comments: