Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Sitting, Waiting, Wishing

The package of doom has made its way to the destination. Not bad for it to get there this morning having only taken it to the post office on Friday morning. Now I have to cross my fingers that everything is complete. Only one cloud on the horizon; the processing time seems to currently be through the roof.  From scrutinising websites where people enter their timelines into spreadsheets, it seems all application streams in Buffalo hit a wall in mid May, and instead of 'acknowledgement of receipt' letters arriving within a month, now they are taking upwards of four months to arrive and for CIC to begin processing the application. This worries me, given there are only four months from now until my work permit expires. A glimmer of light on the same tracking database websites shows that AOR letters are beginning to appear again, so hopefully the CIC were just clearing a backlog; I will have to reconsider plans if I have to spend more than 6 months waiting for my application as a visitor to Canada. I could afford it (probably), but I don't know whether that's such a wise thing from a CV point of view, to be wilfully sat doing nothing when I could be back in the UK earning some money on a short-term basis.

No comments: