Saturday, October 2, 2010

Bandwagon Jumping

In some of the posts below, I've remarked about being reactionary and taking a bit of time to stop and think, and evaluate words before posting. So to that end, I've waited a good 12 hours since the latest shambles of a performance in BD8 this morning. But the message remains the same. Peter Taylor should be given the heave-ho before our position in the relegation zone becomes insurmountable. We're now ten games into the league season, almost a quarter of the way. A few facts (I sound like Rafa Benitez during his famous conspiracy theory rant, I think):

We have the lowest number of shots on target in the division.
Our strikers have not scored a single goal in open play in the league.
We are scoring at 0.4 goals a game.
The manager does not have a clue what his best 11 is, injuries or not.

His player management is appalling; what message are players to infer from the dropping two of the back four who contributed to a clean sheet at Rotherham last Tuesday,  for two Man. Utd. youngsters who have never played a league game? What are the three strikers sat on the bench, while a central defender of modest-to-poor repute plays up front, supposed to think? To think we viewed the appointment as a good one, and the other candidate, the mentalist Martin Allen was seen as 'phew, dodged a bullet there'. Martin Allen might be bonkers, but he wouldn't have the club in its lowest positon since the 1960s. Not even John Docherty was the subject of the crowd's wrath this quickly, and he had fans chanting 'WE WANT FOOTBALL' at games.

Time to go. I wonder if by the time I wake up in the morning he will be gone.

No comments: