A lost heirloom found on YouTube tonight: the 1999 tour of Ben Folds Five to Japan, promoting their third album The Unauthorised Biography of Reinhold Messner. It had appeared on a fan channel before, but had sadly been taken down. Here they are at the peak of their powers, which is odd considering the very same third album essentially finished them - amicably it must be said - as a band.
I'd been listening to it a fair bit this week on the walk to and from work; it's a 'sad' or 'depressed' mood music, and I'd begun to worry a bit about applying for visitor status after my work permit expires, after reading multiple confusing documents on the CIC website. The immigration saga continues to drag interminably. Having spent a good couple of hours reading, I'm feeling a little more optimistic now. So here's the very oddly incongruous - in the context of the rest of the album - Army, dealing with the choices and trials of life.
I'd been listening to it a fair bit this week on the walk to and from work; it's a 'sad' or 'depressed' mood music, and I'd begun to worry a bit about applying for visitor status after my work permit expires, after reading multiple confusing documents on the CIC website. The immigration saga continues to drag interminably. Having spent a good couple of hours reading, I'm feeling a little more optimistic now. So here's the very oddly incongruous - in the context of the rest of the album - Army, dealing with the choices and trials of life.
The line at 2:54 is not the original ;-). The rest of the concert can be seen here; for some odd reason the songs are listed in reverse order in 'uploads' so start at the bottom! Watch it before lawyers have it taken down again!!
No comments:
Post a Comment