Friday, September 3, 2010

Friday Music

So after a long winded sort of a week, where not much got done except endless annoying corrections to a journal manuscript, here's a bit of musical Canadiana I unwound to this evening. I managed to miss all but the last two songs in the encore when it was broadcast over the internet a month ago. Here it is from the top. It wins the internet. If you've got a spare 94 minutes, plump up a cushion and enjoy*. It makes me really regret that I can't play any musical instruments, when each of them can play each other's, but then music and drama were the two subjects at school I disliked more than any other.

For maximum aural pleasure, I suggest a proper set of speakers, or some good headphones. YouTube have set the volume too low I think.



* Some occasional naughty language between songs. The chorus of one song about halfway through shouldn't be taken literally (it's metaphorical (or is it allegorical? I never remember); I take it to mean Bush-era neo-Conservatism). Also, you will need a computer from the 21st century, so that it can keep up. You know who you are!

No comments: