Monday, September 30, 2013

Moving

After about seven years of trying, Mum and Dad have moved today. I am informed via twitter by one of my many spies that everything has proceeded according to plan.There'll be little communication for a while due to having no telephone or internet. It's strange to think that the next time I'll be home (probably next summer for two friends' wedding in Cambridge), that I'll be visiting a different house, and that there will be no more having to negotiate getting in and out of the driveway that you see on the left. The new venue is also a sandstone house, which is nice; the houses here are almost entirely made out of wood and covered in beige vinyl siding which I just can't get used to, even after five plus years.

On the plus side, the new address (in Drighlington) still has a BD postcode, though it will now have a Leeds (boooo!) telephone number.

No comments: