So while we're in generally grumpy mood, let's carry on.
I'm now three months into internet dating. I should have the next three months' charge deducted from my credit card in that time I think. As of right now, my profile has been viewed 1111 times by 309 different people. The number of people that that's manifested itself into dates: 6. Number of dates total: 8 (coffee 3, drinks 4, brunch 1 if you're that interested)l Now I haven't met any complete crazies yet, they've all been perfectly nice and civil and so on (they're Canadian, of course they're civil), but I don't really think I'm getting much of a return on my investment so far
Of the six people, only one (person number three) have I thought there and then "yes, she's really girlfriend material". And she liked me, I could tell. There was general flirting and backchat on a daily basis. And things went pretty well for three weeks but it's a long story to descibe the state of play right now (ex lurking in the distance is the short version).
There are a lot of things that I find odd, the fact that some people just disappear if you don't ask them out within two or three messages, there are people that don't put current photos of themselves up (three of the six people I've dated could be accused of this to some degree). That's not being honest with people straight off the bat. There are people who don't have any photos at all.
It's all just a bit...odd.
No comments:
Post a Comment