Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The Basement

So here I am, eight days into being back at work. And in some ways, it's like the last ten months never happened. In the same lab, with the same people, working for the same boss. In the same office, at the same desk, on the same project. About the only different thing is the fact that I have a different workspace (pictured). 

Fortunately, the group is moving to a shiny new building in the next couple of weeks, which means that after more than four years, the working on an open bench will soon be a thing of the past. We'll actually have a view as well, since we'll be on the fifth floor. But it's been very frustrating today; the chemicals I ordered last week still haven't arrived, and I have pretty much exhausted my various 'to do' lists. There was a fair amount of sitting about this afternoon, but at least unlike the last ten months' sitting about, at least I'm being paid for it again. Every cloud and all that.

No comments: