Thursday, November 3, 2011

Back In The Game

So here's the end to one long-running saga on these pages. I would have hoped the other one would have been concluded first, but that's Immigration Minister Kenney and his cavalcade of clowns for you. I digress. Remember my post about the doctor at the hospital saying that "November" was an OK time to see whether my gimpy leg was up to the rigours of sport again? Well, last night I decided that since it was barely November I'd give it a whirl and take my place between the posts for indoor football. I found out four things: 1) I can just about run. 2) diving sideways is harder, 3), blocking shots with the 64 million dollar ankle hurts, and 4) I'm very much not used to the speed of the ball indoors. Hopefully that will come, because for three of the goals in a 5-4 defeat, I'm afraid the commentator would be saying "he'll be disappointed with that"

Still, I'm still in one piece, since a) I was bothered I'd suffer some agonising relapse, and b) the game was at Forest Lawn High School, which if you don't know is Vietnamese drug gang central. Just the usual stiffness from my antique back to report, which is no different to usual.

No comments: