Monday, August 2, 2010

Homecoming

Only six days till I get on a plane again as I come home on holiday for a couple of weeks. I have a wedding to attend on the middle Sunday for one of my former PhD labmates and his significant other; I think they are at least partially responsible for me being out here after visiting them in Ottawa three years ago. It'll be fun to see my nephew now he is fully able to hold a conversation with me on the webcam, before he gets bored.

The odd thing is that it could well be the last time I get to visit what I would call 'home'. The weekly phonecall yesterday revealed that at very long last, a firm offer on the house has been made. Mum and Dad have been looking to move for some time now (about four years I think) to somewhere that requires less maintenance, and have now found somewhere to make an offer on. In Huddersfield of all places, deep behind enemy lines as far as footballing allegiances go.



I mean, really!

No comments: