So it came to pass that I finally saw a Flames win in the Saddledome, nearly two years after being in the country. Given that Saturday night was the first time I have sat in the cheap 'nosebleed' seats, I might have to try that again. But maybe not that soon; the climb to the upper reaches of the Saddledome is a long and arduous one, and sustenance at the beer stall was very needed at the top. The Flames played pretty well for 60 minutes, and recovered well from the setback of a goal all four officials missed for a good two minutes after the fact. Only in a TV timeout did the war room in Toronto let the officials know they had cocked up. Eric Nystrom's first goal in 44 games and two from captain Iginla led the comeback, and only Swiss goalie Jonas Hiller kept the score down. Good times!
Monday, February 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment