Thursday, July 16, 2009

Pests

And here's another saga come to an end. About 2 months ago building management here at Beige Towers decreed that since someone upstairs somewhere had reported a bed-bug infestation, they would be inspecting all flats on floors 3-5. This meant moving all the furniture away from the walls and other inconveniences; nothing happened thereafter so I figured all was well.

Some weeks later a letter is shoved under my door at 9pm on a Sunday night telling me pest control will be spraying my flat on Tuesday....please remove everything from the bedroom barring mattress and bed frame, move all furniture away from walls, clear shelves etc. Fine. Here's the scene of all my clothes in suitcases in the kitchen, with the DVD tower (still alphabetically organised!), and the view in the other direction:


Four weeks after that, I got another notice asking me to, for the third time, move all the furniture for a "follow up". I thought "sod that" but after reflecting on the fact my rent is now reduced as compared to my first lease, did as I was told. For the third time there was no note or letter indicating the outcome. I put all the furniture and objets d'art that adorn suite 303 of Beige Towers back in their place for the third time. I got home on Monday night to be greeted by not one, not two, not three but FIVE letters from building management - dated June 25th!!! - asking "has the work been completed to your satisfaction?" All are exactly the same! Whether the work has been done well or not, I'm certainly not satisfied with the pointless waste of paper!


No comments: